MISRA C:2012 standard
EUR 1.550 (FI)
This official MISRA C training course is an instructor-led course, designed to help developers, working with the ISO C language, to understand the rules and recommendations of the MISRA C:2012 standard.
Do you like to improve your MISRA knowledge up to 70%?
If Yes, please join our MISRA training.
The C language is widely used to develop applications in safety and commercially critical environments. It wasn’t specifically designed for them, however, it is possible to produce robust, high integrity C code when best practices are employed. The course will show you how by exploring these best practices and by introducing techniques on enforcement methods.
During the course, some of the ambiguous, poorly defined areas of the language that can cause serious problems will be identified. The standard’s intent will be discussed so that a deeper insight shall be gained. The course will explore why restrictions should be placed on the ISO C language standard in order to limit the flexibility it allows. The student will discover how to minimise problems created by either compiler diversity, different programming styles, or confusing aspects of the language, and how to apply the MISRA guidelines to development processes.
Upon completion the student will be armed with the expertise to produce MISRA compliant C code, and will understand how adopting the MISRA standard provides enormous benefit.
Training Course Overview
- Purpose of MISRA C
- Practical application of MISRA C rules
- Statements, Identifi ers and Type Declarations
- Accessibility and visibility
- Precedence and evaluation order
- Type Conversions, Underlying Type and Type System Anomalies
- Pointers and Pointer Conversions
- Pre-processing and Macros
The training material included.
- Improve understanding of C
- Produce high quality MISRA C compliant code
- Understand which areas of C are unsuitable and avoidable
- Avoid costly rework and extended testing phases
- Appreciate and apply best practices in your development
- Appreciate and understand adoption and enforcement of coding standards
- Instructor-led training course
- Intended for experienced C developers
- Understand and appreciate the MISRA C:2012 guidelines
- Identifi es and educates on ambiguous, undefi ned and unspecifi ed areas of C
- 2-day course
- Course manual and exercises provided
- Certifi cate of Achievement issued
- Both on and offsite training available